This action-oriented accelerator will convene a powerful group of women leaders who are out front – fiercely protecting our water, food, air, forests, land, sacred sites, indigenous lifeways, and future generations. By investing in women leaders to scale solutions for change, we are creating the conditions for an inclusive, safe, and thriving world.
Our Collective impact:
Together we are committed to generating measurable and sustained improvements in our environment, economies, and communities by catalyzing women-led, grassroots solutions. The Accelerator will work with selected women environmental leaders to:
- Generate quantifiable impact in leaders’ projects that restore ecosystems, transform agriculture and food systems, build green economies, and protect people’s health, rights and safety
- Grow public awareness and visibility for key environmental campaigns and causes via WEA’s international network
- Bolster women’s environmental leadership nationally and internationally by strengthening women’s networks, spheres of influence, and access to resources
SELECTED LEADERS WILL ACCELERATE THE IMPACT OF THEIR EXISTING PROJECTS IN THESE INTERSECTIONAL AREAS AND BEYOND:
WE ARE CALLING ON LEADERS WHO ARE LEADING ENVIRONMENTAL/CLIMATE INITIATIVES AND ARE READY TO TAKE THEIR WORK TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
The Accelerator includes:
- 4 months of weekly facilitated online skill-building, knowledge exchange, and coaching with an action-oriented focus
- Program content offered by diverse experts on topics such as designing and measuring for impact, effective communication strategies, resource mobilization, coalition building, environmental technologies, leadership, and self-care
- Twice-monthly group video calls and speaker series
- Sector-specific working groups to dig deeper into environmental technologies, networks, and communities of practice
- The Collaboratory: A week-long immersive experiential learning and knowledge-share in Bali
In the face of environmental crises, the diverse solutions that women environmental leaders deliver are critical to our survival. In response, The Indonesia 2019 Grassroots Women’s Accelerator is designed for timely action and high impact.